Entering therapy for the first time can be very nerve wracking and knowing a little bit about how your therapist works and what might happen during therapy might put your mind at rest.
I am an integrative and holistic counsellor, this means that I make my way of working sensitive to the needs of all my clients and I not fixed by any one theory or method. You can expect absolute respect and sensitivity towards whatever you want to talk about, in complete confidence.
I offer short term solution focused therapy of up to 15 sessions, as well as longer, deeper psychotherapy. We can decide together what works for you and what issues you want to deal with. I use practical mindfulness techniques to help you manage any stress or anxiety and work through these in session to make sure you are comfortable using them. We would meet weekly for 50 minutes in Haxby or York.
I am experienced in working with many issues, but I specialise in working with:
- Generalised anxiety & panic attacks
- Loss or change of a job, relationship or loved one
- Depression, loss of meaning or purpose in life
- Discovering or going deeper into your spiritual path
- Mentoring and support for younger people with mental health challenges
- Wanting to make a change in your life and needing support to do so
- Going back to work after a mental breakdown or long term illness
I always have a face to face assessment with any new clients, this helps me to understand what you feel you want from therapy and introduce myself and the way I work. We can then decide whether we want to work together.
If you wanted to explore if I could be of help, then I would be pleased to hear from you. You can contact me at email@example.com
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk that path”-Buddha-