Entering therapy for the first time can be very nerve wracking and knowing a little bit about how your therapist works and what might happen during therapy might put your mind at rest.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, this means that I make my way of working sensitive to the needs of all my clients and I am not fixed by any one theory or method. You can expect absolute respect and sensitivity towards whatever you want to talk about, in complete confidence.
We would meet first for an initial assessment, so we can see whether we want to work together. We would then decide together your goals for therapy and what issues you want to deal with. I offer short term solution focused therapy of up to 15 sessions, as well as longer, deeper psychotherapy which lasts as long as is needed.
I am trained to use practical mindfulness techniques and visualisations in therapy, working through these in session to make sure you are comfortable using them at home as well.
We would meet weekly for 50 minutes in Haxby or York.
I am experienced in working with many issues, but I specialise in working with:
- Generalised anxiety & panic attacks
- Loss or change of a job, relationship or loved one
- Depression, loss of meaning or purpose in life
- Discovering or going deeper into your spiritual path
- Mentoring and support for younger people with mental health challenges
- Wanting to make a change in your life and needing support to do so
- Life after a mental breakdown or dealing with long term illness
If you wanted to explore if I could be of help, then I would be pleased to hear from you. You can contact me on 07709710387 at firstname.lastname@example.org
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk that path”-Buddha-